IS IT SPRING YET?
After School Clubs
The PTA in coordination with staff volunteers will be offering Spring Clubs beginning on March 26 and will run every Wednesday (except during Spring Break) for 8 weeks.
Spring Fiesta Book Fair Shopping Hours
- Tuesday, April 1~ 8:00 – 9:30am or 2:30 – 4:00pm or 6:00 – 8:00pm (Reader Dude,raffles & a gift for every student!) SSL hours avail.
- Wednesday, April 2~8:00 – 9:30am or 2:30 – 4:00pm
- Thursday, April 3~ We are open to sell all day
- Friday, April 4~ 8:00 – 9:30am or 2:30-4:00pm or 6-7pm or 7-8pm (Spaghetti Dinner/Silent Auction Fundraiser)
Book Fair Chairperson: Holly Jankowski – (cell) 301-873-3633
Location: Media Center
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
There are several events coming up and we need YOUR help! Take a look at the events below and please contact me if you are interested in helping:
Staff Lounge Make Over: This year the PTA has gifted our staff with a budget to update the [much in need of improvement] staff lounge. The staff committee in charge of this project is looking for volunteers to help paint! No dates have been set for this yet. We will work with the volunteers’ schedules!
Book Fair. Click this link to sign up to volunteer at the Spring Book Fair. The theme is Fiesta! (March 31-April 4).
Spring Carnival: We are in the early stages of planning for our end of the year Spring Carnival. Because this is a new event, we will need lots of volunteers to make it the success we know it can be.
Kindergarten Registration Chair: This year’s Kindergarten Registration will be held on May 8 & 9th. We are looking for someone who can help run this event this year, and going forward as the former chair of this event will no longer have any students McAuliffe starting in the fall. The event chair helps with decorations, recruiting volunteers, coordinating snacks, and managing the registration tables for the incoming kindergarteners and their families. Please contact Courtney Midlam (email@example.com) or Sarah Barrett (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in taking over this role.
PTA Vice President Position FILLED!
The Exec Board is thrilled to welcome Marianna Kasprzak to our team! Marianna has two children: her son Henry is in kindergarten in Mrs. Stuart’s class and her daughter Natalie three years old and still at home. Marianna has been a champion volunteer in just the few months her son has been at McAuliffe. She’s a regular at Thursday Folders and she was a huge help with making International Night such a success.
MembershipIt’s not too late to get to 200 members!!! We just need a few more people to sign up. When we get to that magic number we will do a random drawing of 2 winners:One winner will receive a $30 gift card to the Silver Diner in RockvilleOne winner will be refunded their membership duesPlease consider joining today. Pick up a membership form in the front hallway or print one online.
Seneca Valley High School Modernization
Want your children/students to have the best education in modern and safe facilities??? Seneca Valley is on track but funding will always be the key to keeping the project on time. We also have elementary schools that are facing significant overcrowding issues which will require capital funding as well in the upcoming years. We are also not the only schools in the county that needs attention either. Here’s your chance to help just by committing a few hours!!!
County Council President Craig Rice told MCCPTA on January 20th that he wants to get emails from parents throughout the county if they really support the push for funding for our schools. Please send brief emails to Council President Rice; CLICK HERE TO SEND AN EMAIL. Keep the notes short, make them original, and keep them coming now through the County Council hearings on February 6th! Here are a few points to choose from, adapt, or make your own:
- Increasing county funding for schools, including school construction and maintenance, must be the Council’s top priority. More and more of our schools are grossly overcapacity, our student population is growing by 2,000 students annually, and new housing construction abounds. There is no time to wait; we need funding now; we need school construction today.
- Montgomery County PTA members are working hard to get State funding; the county must step up as well.
- We like libraries and parks, but when it was time to choose, we bought our home in Montgomery County/chose to live here because of the schools.
- It’s an election year; PTA votes!
- Councilmembers often note how important our schools are. Now, we need them to match that verbal pledge with funding.
- Tell Craig Rice about YOUR school’s construction, modernization, and/or maintenance needs. If you have a photo, attach it!
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or just want to share an idea. You can also ‘Like’ our Facebook page to keep up with the latest McAuliffe PTA news and events.
Sarah Barrett, President. email: email@example.com. phone: 301-452-7104
Eliane Bartholazzi, Treasurer. email: firstname.lastname@example.org. phone: 301-972-6697
Holly Jankowski, Secretary. email: email@example.com.